1. Water resources
Several technologies have been applied to effectively exploit and protect water resources and the environment, such as:
- Technology for calculating and forecasting changes in water resources of the Mekong River in response to water use scenarios and climate change scenarios.
- Technology for forecasting and monitoring drought and saltwater intrusion.
- Underground dam technology collects water combined with a horizontal water belt (water belt).
- Nanotechnology to treat arsenic-contaminated water.
- Wastewater and waste treatment technology for rural areas and craft villages.
- Technology to filter seawater into freshwater.
2. River regulation, coastal protection, natural disaster prevention and mitigation
- Applied spatial technology GIS and information telecommunications to monitor the process of landslides, sedimentation and warn of unsafe risks of dykes.
- Researched several topics including:
+ Coastal erosion research in the Mekong Delta.
+ The Red River research.
+ The Mekong River research.
+ Dam safety research.
+ Technology of planting trees to cope with waves.
+ Applied physical and mathematical models to study and predict erosion and sedimentation of riverbanks and coasts.
+ Completed construction of flood maps for provinces from Thanh Hoa to Phu Yen.
3. Irrigation and hydroelectric projects construction and protection
- Applied the technology of pier dam - barge.
- Applied culvert technology assembled by prestressed reinforced concrete.
- Initially applied Jet-grouting technology in background treatment and waterproofing.
4. Electromechanical equipment specialized in irrigation
- Successfully researched and manufactured an automatic garbage collection device.
- Successfully manufactured deep suction pump with HCK=8m.
- Researched and applied large gate valves.
- Successfully researched and manufactured automatic disc valve.
- Researched and improved several types of hydraulic pumps.
- Mastered the technology of manufacturing small and medium power generation equipment.
5. Information technology, automation, and software
- Researched and perfected SCADA Technology.
- Continue to perfect equipment manufacturing technology, combine equipment to install automatic monitoring stations.
- Continue to use GIS technology, Remote sensing to monitor and forecast livestock and poultry diseases and forecast rice yield.